A house for workers that was moved and restored in 1986.
Approximately 30 of the 137 buildings built for the Shincho-gumi in 1870 in Tsuruoka, Daihoji, and Dogata, were moved in 1875 to the Matsugaoka Reclamation Land to be used as huts for the Shincho-gumi, a group of Roshi (lordless samurai).
The one-story building with stone-weighted roof exemplifies what the townscape would have looked like at the time of the reclamation.
(City-designated Tangible Cultural Property)
(Located in the Matsugaoka Reclamation Land grounds)