This is a multi-storied folk house that was moved from Tamugimata, Tsuruoka, in 1969. Built in 1822, the upper floors offer a glimpse into the silkworm breeding in the region.
Tamugimata was once covered in these multi-storied folk houses, but many went well past their normal lifespan and disappeared rapidly along with changing lifestyles. This one was preserved and moved to its current location.
(Nationally-designated Important Tangible Cultural Property)
997-0036 Yamagata-ken, Tsuruoka-shi, Kachushin-machi 10-18 (In the Chido Museum grounds)